Friday, January 23, 2009

Inauguration Mania

Yes, yes...I was there on 23rd St.  Not exactly on the mall....but heck I had a perfect view of the entire ceremony on the TV of course.  At least I wasn't stuck in the 3rd st. tunnel.  Can you imagine having tickets to the purple section (up real close) and then missing the whole event because you are stuck in a tunnel shoulder to shoulder with a few thousand other people for 6 hours??? At least they were out of the wind!!  

Anyway, the night in the hospital was like going to camp.  We had these camping cots that were a bit more comfortable than the floor.  The room was bubbling hot and dry as a bone. But I survived and reported to duty on time!!  The city is slowly getting back to normal...it has been preparing for the 20th since the first of the year. Seems like forever.

3 comments:

Susan said...

History! And you were right there within walking distance! Certainly enough hoopla....non-stop TV coverage. I heard that people in the area were renting out rooms in their houses for mega bucks to people from all over who wanted to attend the inauguration - is this true?

Susan said...

Deb! Did you buy any St.Obama chachkees (sp?)....bobble heads, back scratchers, salt and pepper shakers???...."like salt and pepper on top of eggs.." :-)

Debbie said...

I got buttons u boog, no bobble heads or salt and pepper shakers, but I did think of that famous line and has a chuckle remembering that episode! I will bring the buttons to Florida. They had T shirts galore but they were very gay by my standards.