Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stolen Bike


Well it finally happened, somebody stole my bike!  I'm not quite sure when it happened but I think it was in the middle of the night or very early morning.  I first noticed that my bike was gone yesterday afternoon when I was about to take it to work.  Luckily Erica's friend Nathan was with me at the time so he was able to drive me to work.  Who ever took my bike though actually went to the trouble to break the fence post I had it locked to.  Just so everybody knows I have a U-lock which is the best lock out there that cannot be broken in to.  So the stealer not only has my bike but they have my U-lock still connected to the bike, but I have the key still. 
I've already called the police and they have my bike's description and they're already on the lookout for it.  They told me that they don't always find the stolen bikes so I should make an insurance claim on it.  I don't anything about that stuff, I'm just really angry that my bike was stolen from the back patio of my own place!!! It's the worst feeling in the world.   :(



9 comments:

Debbie said...

That really sucks Splor. Buy a new one when you come home from Dick's where Ernest works and maybe he can get you a discount??? Sometimes life gives you lemons....but there is always lemonaide!!

Anonymous said...

yeah that sounds good to me. erica told me the same thing since her step-dad is the manager at Dick's so yeah I know things are looking up now!

Diana and Sunny said...

Sorry, Splor. People suck.

Anya-mind said...

effing richmond jerks. i will come and visit you on the 18th and i will make it alll better.

Susan said...

Sorry Lauren - what a bad bummer. Bike thieves bite. Anya are you bringing Lauren a new bike on the 18th?

Foys said...

Boo for the bike thief.

Dorsa said...

what a bunch of Ninjas. Not the good kind either. Sorry splory :(

Anya-mind said...

No, I'm not bringing her a bike, but me and my friend are going to pick her up to go to a wedding that weekend.


Lauren- maybe you should build a house with a mote around it to keep the ninjas out like in my dream!

Anonymous said...

yeah I'll probably get a new bike later but for now I'm riding my roommates bike and the humidity just sucks!

I will consider building a mote just to keep those pesky ninjas out!!!